Research Technician / Lab Management – Research Group Hetzer
- Full Time (40 h/w)
- Klosterneuburg (Vienna), Austria
- € 40,400* gross/year
ISTA is growing. Grow with us!
The Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) is a growing international institute for conducting frontier research in mathematics, computer science, and the life and physical sciences. We recruit passionate professionals from all over the world and from all fields who support our goals of excellence in research and science management. Located on a beautiful campus on the outskirts of Vienna, we offer numerous opportunities for personal growth in a stable working environment. Get an insight!
Martin Hetzer´s lab applies genomics, proteomics and advanced imaging techniques to pose questions about how adult tissues are maintained and repaired and why long-lived cells fail to work properly as a cell ages. The Hetzer laboratory discovered long-lived proteins (LLPs) in the nucleus, which exhibit no or very little protein turnover in the adult brain. A focus of his lab is to understand what allows LLPs to stay intact throughout an organism’s entire life span. Martin Hetzer is seeking a highly motivated individual to take over the responsibility for the overall lab management and performing advanced molecular and cell biology techniques. The role is a key position within the lab, as the individual will ensure lab safety and that the lab runs in an efficient and organized manner.
- Performing advanced molecular and cell biology techniques and assisting with experimental design
- Supervising lab staff (eg technicians, students) and training graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in molecular biology techniques and in proper use of laboratory equipment
- Database management of lab materials including plasmid DNA, DNA and custom primer data, chemical inventory list, and freezer content
- Assisting with budget management and ordering
- Ensuring lab safety and that all equipment is fully operational (eg maintenance)
- Advanced experience (> 5 years) in molecular biology including experience with automated high-throughput genotyping methods, PCR methods and debugging PCR reactions, and automated sequencing methods
- Proven experience (> 3 years) in laboratory management
- Fluency in English (working language)
- Strong organizational skills and reliability
- Proactive personality with a solution-oriented approach
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills to foster the collaboration within the lab
- Education & training
- Free shuttle bus
- Multiple health offers
- Pension insurance
Interested in this position? Please send your application via our job portal!
* This position comes with possible overpayment depending on education, qualification and work experience. ISTA
processes your personal data in accordance with the law. For more information, please refer to www.ista.ac.at/data-protection.