We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Digital Resilient Cities team, Center for Energy, located in Vienna, invites applications for:
Internships in the field of Digital Resilient Cities
- Center for Energy -
- You will get to know our multidisciplinary Digital Resilient Cities team, which is pioneering new innovative solutions for the development of smart and resilient cities around the world.
- You will support us in the development of our national and international projects in the field of mobility, climate, energy, and integrated urban planning and will get exciting insights into our technological environment.
- You will have the opportunity to gain (first) practical experience within one of the leading research & technology organisations in Austria.
- Based on your study specialization and expertise, you will actively contribute to our ongoing projects – for e.g., Smart and Carbon-neutral Urban Development, Climate-Resilient Urban Pathways, Integrated Digital Urban Planning.
- You will develop your practical skills by using the latest technologies and methodologies.
- You will get an insight about our processes and top-notch technologies.
- You will get familiar with the working environment in the field of applied research.
- You will support and will closely work with our experts in their research projects.
- You will have the chance to share views with our researchers about the latest technological developments.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- Ongoing studies in the fields of: Smart Cities, Urban/Spatial Planning, Architecture, Transportation Planning, Computer Science & Data Science, Building Science, Energy Systems or Energy Technology, Geoinformatics, Meteorology, Water Management
- You are enrolled at an Austrian university, in the +4th semester
- Solid basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and planning programs, GIS or graphics programs (e.g. Grasshopper, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, Energyplus, MAED/MESSAGE)
- Programming skills (e.g., Python, R, Rhinoceros), experience with traffic simulation (e.g. MATSim) and handling VR/AR would be an advantage
What to expect:
- Internship duration: between 4 and 6 months
- A salary of at least EUR 1,256 gross per month for 38.5 hours per week. In addition to our company benefits, we offer flexible working conditions and the opportunity to gain professional experience in a highly innovative environment.
As the promotion of young female scientists is important to us, AIT participates in the FEMtech programme of the Austrian Research Promotion Agency. Therefore, we are particularly looking forward to applications from interested female students who would like to explore the field of applied research.
Please submit your application documents (CV and cover letter) online.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?